We enjoyed a successful tax season and while the busy time is over for us, we would like to take a moment to remind you to contact us any time throughout the year with any tax concerns.
As unpleasant a thought as taxes may be, many of those seemingly innocent decisions we make during the year have a major and often negative impact on our tax returns. Considerations like:
• Selling stock or property
• Tax implications of withdrawing an IRA, profit-sharing plan or other retirement plans
• Gifts of money or property to children (or others!)
If you have ever been dealt a blow at tax time, you will appreciate the importance of year-round service. We are available year-round for tax consulting and advising, as well as for any tax planning you may need.
We would be glad to meet with you to talk about your particular tax situation and advise you of any pending tax consequences. Feel free to call and set up an appointment.
We have attached some literature you may find interesting; share it with your friends and neighbors. We would appreciate your personal recommendation whenever possible.
This issue features:
• Clean Vehicle Credits Fact Sheet
• List of Manufacturers of Qualified Clean Vehicles
• IRS Extends Lookback Period for Refund Claims
• Accountable Plan or Unreimbursed Business Expenses
• New Industry Tip Reporting Program
• FBAR Penalty
If you still need to file your tax return, please gather your information as soon as possible so that you can miss the crunch in the Fall.
Have a healthy and exciting summer!